Mobile Application Security Testing is a systematic approach of analyzing a mobile application against various potential threats. It is the process in which we analyze and evaluate the existing security system of a mobile application against various risks. It provides a clear picture whether a mobile application is highly secured or not.
Today mobile application users are increasing with a brisk pace. People are accessing internet more and more through their smart phones and various mobile based applications. People share their confidential information to financial information through various mobile applications. But, unfortunately hackers are also moving towards the mobile applications that have very weak security system in place or no security at all. Therefore, it is extremely important to check a mobile application security system against various threats.
The main objective behind the Mobile Application Security Testing is to make your mobile applications highly secured and safe. Indicium Assessment uses a comprehensive approach to test your mobile application security system against various threats to identify any type of vulnerabilities in its security.
What we do?
Indicium Assessment follows the Mobile Application Security Testing standards set by the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). We follow the OWASP Top 10 approach to systematically identify all the security threats in a web application. We thoroughly check the security risks that are common in a mobile application including
- Encryption APIs
- application permissions model
- Security of data transmissions and network communications
- Ability of user to protect the device data in the lost device scenarios
- Insufficient authorization from mobile client to back¬end systems
- Security of device backup mechanisms
- Residual data analysis of local storage and caching
- Session hijacking
Benefits of Mobile Application Security Testing
- Helps identify the various loop holes in your mobile application security system
- Extremely helpful in securing your confidential data in a specific mobile application
- Improves end-user experience of mobile applications
- Improves the overall quality of mobile application by eliminating security risks